Have you ever encountered this scenario when trying to access a network folder (Etc. \\10.10.10.10\Software\)?
- You try to access the network folder but you can’t remember the credentials when prompted to login.
Note: You actually checked “Remember my credentials” to login without realizing it!
- You close the login dialog and get the poor server administrator to help you reset your credentials.
- When you try to access the network folder again, the login dialog just won’t popup!
- You can’t enter your new credentials and just receive an error code of 0x80004005 instead.
- You feel helpless and somehow feel that retrying another 10 times will do the trick but it doesn’t.
Well, I have. After some googling, I found that you can do the following: